outubro 25, 2009

what teachers make

Teaches, oh teachers! What we have to do in our carrer! We must be more than teachers. We must be singers, actors, psychologists, friends, and much more. In the puzzle  you'll see me as a doll in a white polka dot dress. Great performance (rsrs)
Click to Mix and Solve
Now read and warch the poem written and performed with passion by Taylor Mali a high school teacher:

You want to know what I make?
I make kids wonder,
I make them question.
I make them criticize.
I make them apologize and mean it.
I make them write, write, write.
And then I make them read.
I make them spell definitely beautiful, definitely beautiful, definitely beautiful
over and over and over again until they will never misspel
either one of those words again.
I make them show all their work in math.
And hide it on their final drafts in English.
I make them understand that if you got this (brains)
then you follow this (heart) and if someone ever tries to judge you
by what you make, you give them this (the finger).
Let me break it down for you, so you know what I say is true:
I make a goddamn difference! What about you?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário